Topband: Meanook again

Tom Rauch W8JI@contesting.com
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 08:10:31 -0500

> > The bad part of the period was Jan. 10-13 with K-sums in excess of
> > 20. That is a time to rest up and get some sleep.
> >
> No it isn't Bob!  Try working across into the bottom half instead.  I
> had my best opening to the US since moving to this QTH on the 12th.
>
> 73, Greg, ZL3IX

**NEVER** abandon 160 when the K sums are high! That is the
time to watch the band.

Propagation was not only excellent to you Greg, it was excellent to
the rest of the world even on near-polar paths. The 12th was one of
the better days in recent memory, with QSO's from deep into
central Asia to easier things like Europe where at least two
Europeans worked their very first W QSO ever!
73, Tom W8JI
W8JI@contesting.com