Topband: bandplan?

Jon Zaimes AA1K jon.zaimes@dol.net
Sun, 20 Jan 2002 19:56:19 +0000

I was surprised to hear the number of U.S. SSB stations in the NAQP contest
this weekend operating well below 1843 kHz. Has the ARRL rescinded the new
160 meter band plan it adopted several months ago? This was a big contrast
to the excellent cooperation from participants in the CQ WW DX phone
contest, not long after the band plan was adopted.

I ended up getting on for an hour or so to hand out the Delaware
multiplier, mostly S&P. All QSOs were above 1843, of course. It was nice to
see activity as high as 1925 kHz -- and there was still plenty of empty
space above that.

73/Jon AA1K