Odp: Topband: newbie on 160

Pete Smith n4zr@contesting.com
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 09:00:27 -0500

At 07:39 AM 1/24/02 +0100, Ryszard Tymkiewicz wrote:

>Dan
>I'm using K9AY on 80 and 160m, on both bands /at least in my case/ its
>working very well. The "null" on 160m is slightly "bigger" but anyway on 80m
>almost always K9AY is much better than my transmitting antenna -Half Sloper
>and Delta Loop. My garden is only 100X100 feet.

One good source of info on this is web pages dealing with MW DXing.  A
search on one of these will turn up various reports that the K9AY loop
works best if the terminating resistor is optimized at the frequency in
use, and that the value varies considerably depending on ground state and
frequency.

73, Pete N4ZR

Sometimes a tower is
just a tower