Topband: Which would make a better dedicated 160 rig

Tony Reynolds Tony Reynolds" <kb8jvh@reydata.com
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 17:51:16 -0500

Hello TopBanders,
Spent the weekend listening to the 160 contest and comparing receivers. I
have a Mint TS-830S with the 500hz filters and a Ten-Tec OMNI V. I can
probably only keep one of them and I'm trying to decide which one. When
ABing the radio's on the same antenna, at times the Kenwood sounded better,
at others the Ten-Tec won out. Both rigs seem to be very good CW rigs. Both
seem to have better receive than my TS-2000 and are more pleasing to listen
to. Anyone who has used these rigs want to give me advice on which one would
make the better topband radio?

tnx,

Tony Reynolds
KB8JVH