Topband: VP8GEO

Bernie McClenny, W3UR bernie@dailydx.com
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 03:00:11 +0000

Larry and the group.
Bob, K4UEE, was the operator (I think most of the night on 80/160) I
worked.  He came up for a few minutes each hour on or near the top of the
hour.  First at 01 then 02 and then 03Z.  Each time he was very very weak
(229).  He was on 1826.1 every time.  The first two times I could hear where
he was QSX and no one was calling him.  So the first time I tried up 5.
Next up 3.  The last time he came up I heard several others calling 1-2 up
so that is where I called and got him pretty quickly afterwards.  I gave him
449, but really he was 229.  Thankfully I had the south beverage hooked up,
as there would have been no way to make it otherwise.  This last time he
stayed for some time.  He did get a little louder, 439 at best.  Later I
worked him on 80 and Bob said good one on 160 along with his name.  So they
are not very strong and seem to hear ok, just like most of the other bands.

Hope this helps.  It was a new one for me.  12 meters was much tuffer, as I
finally made it today on CW for a band and mode sweep of VP8/G.

73
Bernie, W3UR

Looking forward to PW0T, 5U and others!