Topband: ET3 by skin of teeth

Doug Waller NX4D@comcast.net
Mon, 08 Jul 2002 17:11:37 -0400

Paul is QRT for now, but what a summertime show he has put on for us!  Last
night I was working on my PC's bios, saw it was 0255z, so connected vertical
& had a copy for first time on ET3PMW thru local crashes.  The AL-1500
seemed to take 10 minutes to warm up.  I got in the log at
0301z......probably his last contact.  At 58 yrs old, I had yet another "DX
Rush", thanks to Top Band.

I know I speak for all when I say, Thanks Paul, Bill & others for making
Ethiopia available on Top Band.  If 160 meters continues to be this
exciting, I may just sell the HF beam & slip stealth "snake" antennas
through the neighbors back yards...............(a vertical in Florida is an
UGLY thing to receive on)

73, Doug / NX4D - nr Orlando