Fw: Topband: Rules of 2002 South Pacific 160 contest

Tom Rauch W8JI@contesting.com
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 09:25:43 -0400

> In addition to the following rules sent by Steve, VK6VZ for the
> Pacific 160 Metres Contest, I found the following on the ARRL Web site
> for the same contest:
>
> "To avoid QRM between modes stations are asked to operate in 15 minute
> blocks--CW on the hour and hour + 30 minutes; SSB on the hour + 15
> minutes and hour + 45 minutes. "

That was a rule from the first contest, but was removed for later
contests where they split the contest into a CW frequency area and a
SSB frequency area when it didn't work so well.

The new VK bandplan is very similar to the new ARRL bandplan, but
even before that the SP contest asked people to NOT work SSB below
1840.

 73, Tom W8JI
W8JI@contesting.com