Topband: Rx Antenna Reality Check? :o)

Ragnar Otterstad otterstad@enter.vg
Sat, 2 Mar 2002 08:12:15 +0100

Snip
>From David K3KY
 It took so long
because there were a lot of other ops who were not hearing so
well either. They kept calling over my transmissions so the DX
moved on. When I finally logged the contact, it was a 100 percent
genuine two way QSO. Have a little charity in your heart.
I believe we should be lavish in our praise and sparing in our
criticism of our fellow ops.
BTW, as I remarked in my original post, it was news to me that
I was already in his log. And yes, embarrassing. But the one QSO
I logged was very solid, Q5, and two way.

------------------------

Gentlemen,

David has definately a point.

QSB can make one station in one place read the signals peaking, while the
station the DX came back to had a dip when his turn came. I noticed this
several times on TI9M, who f ex came back to a HB9 several times before that
station heard TI9M again.  Experienced 160 m operators know how QSB on long
distances can be and take their time to ensure a valid QSO.
If some fool decides to tune up on top of the DX or somebody by accident is
pushing the wrong VFO button is another matter -  but is certainly slowing
down the QSO rate too. Hi.

73

Rag Otterstad    LA5HE also JW5HE OZ8RO
located in Telemark - home of skiing.

My antenna "farm" can be found on HTTP://no.photos.yahoo.com/la5he when you
click on  Radio.