Topband: Topbanders Please Help Me

Herb Schoenbohm herbs@vitelcom.net
Mon, 04 Mar 2002 16:45:58 -0400

Dear Fellow Topbanders:

The Federal Communications, in the consideration of my request for a
amateur license, (WT Docket No. 01-352) is allowing me to submit, in my
brief,
letters of support as part of the process of getting back on the amateur
bands.
Several 160 meter enthusiasts have already circulated petitions and
written letters to the FCC seeking positive consideration of my
application.  Because my application is now designated for a hearing it
is proper for me to solicit letters of support but only if they are sent
to me, not the FCC.  (This is the Ex-Parte Solicitation rule which got
me into trouble the last time around as I was working as a staffer in
the 104th U.S. Congress and provided information upon request on how to
contact my boss. Not that  needed anyone to do that. It was a foolish
mistake as it gave the FCC everything they needed to bury me and I
walked right into it when I should have kept my mouth shut.) Now I must
convince, with your help, that I have learned my lesson.

Letters of support must only be sent to me in the first person or
titled "To Whom It may Concern" are appropriate and I may include them
in my presentation with copies to all parties in this matter.  If you
feel you can
support me please send me a short letter of support. It is important for
the
letter to stress that you feel if licensed I can make a positive
contribution to
the amateur radio hobby, that you feel I most likely have learned my
lesson in dealing with the FCC, and the granting of a license in my case
would not be, in your view, not against the public interest.

The FCC in their Hearing Designation Order appears willing to close the
book on this nearly 10 year saga but require some evidence before them
that granting a license would not be a mistake on their part.  I know by
sending out this request in a general manner I may get some flack from
detractors who will attempt to counter my efforts.  Of course they are
free to do that if in their hearts they think it is the right thing to
do.  However, even if I get a few good quality letters of support that
are positive I think I can win this one.

Please send them to my address below:

Thanks in advance for your support. I hope to work you Top Band again.

Herb Schoenbohm, (ex-KV4FZ)
Box 4419
Kingshill, VI 00851
(340) 773-8522(h)