Topband: Power line noise on 160

tttt ccccc k3hx@juno.com
Sun, 19 May 2002 22:43:21 +0100

I am now in my second year of trying to get the local power company to
make it

somewhat less noisy here.

May offer the following suggestions:

Once your patience has terminated, enlist the aid of the State Utilities
Commission,

your State representative and State Senator and every other political
human you

can find.  This includes  city, township and county.

Our local electric company has been pretty good but have recently ceased
their

attempts.  My problem is also leaky insulators which are 6-11 or 6-12
with aluminum

hardware.  The manufacturer has reached an "agreement" with the utility
to pick

up the cost of replacement which has got to be phenominal.  Takes a crew
of 4,

2 bucket trucks a day to replace 6.

73

Peace Be With Thee,