Topband: Which ibrid stuff??

Sante - IK0HBN ik0hbn@libero.it
Tue, 05 Nov 2002 00:28:54 +0100

Hi, Topbanders,
at last after a research lasted several years, I found a self supporting
tower of 56 ft that I gave to be lengthen to about 100 ft, always self
supporting.
My plan are putting up with an homemade HAZER something for 40 m bands and
having the loaded tower running on 160 with a gamma match with buried radials.
To keep costs low I decided to use that structure even for supporting a 4
wire square for 80 hanging from the tower.
Which ibrid do you suggest for it? The Comtek one, or the newer
Arraysolutions stuff. Sadly I have not instrument for optimizing the box
beside a multi-meter and an MFJ 259 antenna analyzer. I write down that,
because I would find myself in great trouble if I should need to use vector
analyzer or something else manned more for a professional use than an
amateur one.
Your suggestions will be greatly appreciate for the ibrid itself and the
whole project also.
For me it's the first great project after having moved 10 years ago my life
into a solitarie country for doing something like that...-)))
Thanks Sante