Topband: 160 Meter Inverted "L"

Greg Deuhs deuhs@earthlink.net
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 21:19:00 -0500

Hello:

The same thing happened when I added the INV L kit to my Hy-gain Hy-tower.
My
resonant point went up about the same amonut.

I debated for weeks what to do but in the end I made a simple coil using 4
inch PVC
and #8 copper wire.  A few turns brought the 75M resonant point down to 3.8
and for a bonus,
I was able to get a 3.510 resonant point a few more turns down.  Now I can
easily switch from SSB to CW
with a change of a thumbd screw (I know, not automatic but it problably
works better than using my FT-1000MP
tuner to make up the difference).

There was no effect to the 160M resonant point with the coil change.  Your
milage may vary, because the Hy-tower uses
a trap to isolate the first 24 feet from each band.

Greg
K0PJ/9