Topband: Feeding multiple beverages

Marty Ray n9se@insightbb.com
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 22:25:09 -0000

Okay, I had one guy email me with a comment that if I have one beverage,
then I will probably want more. Now I need to ask about feeding multiple
beverages. Can I locate the feedpoints at one location and switch the
beverage wires with relays to one transformer, or do I need to feed them all
individually and then switch between the feedlines?

Also, any comments on reverse direction would be appreciated. I have noticed
a lot of guys using two wire beverages. Do you guys run a coax out to the
far end of the antenna and feed the second wire there, or do you use some
kind of special transformer setup and keep the feedline at one end? (I've
seen this in one of my books, think)

Thanks for all the help, guys!

Regards,

Marty Ray, N9SE