Topband: Feeding multiple beverages

Ulrich Weiss dj2ya@t-online.de
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 10:48:37 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
To: <topband@contesting.com>; "Marty Ray" <n9se@insightbb.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 27, 2002 1:44 AM
Subject: Re: Topband: Feeding multiple beverages

> It is also a good idea to use separate grounds for the antennas and
> keep the feedpoints isolated by using isolation-type matching
> transformers. A deep ground rod in good soil will allow up to 20dB of
> crosstalk between antennas sharing that same ground, and the problem
> gets worse when the ground connection is poor.  Either use a very
> good ground with short leads or keep the small grounds separated from
> each other.

Does that imply that you should switch both, central conductor AND shield
when feeding several beverages at a central point??? (otherwise you'll
connect the different grounds in the coax switch)....
is it probably preferable to "decentralize" the feeding points of the
different Beverages?????

Tom's answer explains the deterioration of my Beverages after now feeding
them at a common starting point with just one common ground rod (in possibly
poor soil)...

greetings

Uli, DJ2YA