Topband: W0AH: Good Ear's Award to N5RG and W7LR

W0AH@aol.com W0AH@aol.com
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 09:02:21 EDT

Topbanders:
This morning at 1203 UTC, N5RG, near Dallas, TX, answered my CQ.  I was
running about 3/4 mw ERP.  We exchanged 349 and 599 reports.  At 1235 UTC
W7LR near Boozeman, MT,answered my CQ.  We exchanged 449 and 599.  N5RG,
EM12cs, is about 590 miles from here; W7LR, DN45lq, is about 555 miles from
here- both better than 600,000 miles per watt as we QRPers say!  Last night
with noisy conditions only neighbor KA0CT answered my CQ.  We exchanged 549
and 599.  He is about 2 miles away.  I will repeat this test again later in
the week hoping for quieter conditions.
Doug W0AH  DM78lx  near Pikes Peak CO