Topband: re:bird 43 wattmeter

Jerry Muller k0tv at adelphia.net
Tue Apr 29 20:19:39 EDT 2003

It's probably going to be just fine. The slugs lose some accuracy when
you go out of the range, but 1.8 vs 2 isn't much. Besides which the
higher powered slugs are more accurate outside their range than the low
power ones. The 5 watt slug loses it's accuracy quickly while the KW
slug stays close much farther away.

Chances are it will be better than anything else you are likely to have.

K0TV