Topband: IC-756pro2 A/B Test Results

Ken Brown ken.d.brown at verizon.net
Mon Aug 11 15:44:08 EDT 2003

>The IC-756pro2 IMDDR3 and BDR test results from the ARRL lab are not as
>good as some of the other receivers on the list, but my tests are done
>when there are no nearby strong signals on the band.  The sole purpose of
>my tests is to determine how well a receiver can dig weak CW signals from
>the noise.

When there are nearby strong signals on the band they can be part of the
noise. If you were making your comparison with some strong nearby
signals in the mix, you would likely rank those radios very differently.
It is good that you have stated the conditions of your tests. Thanks for
the information.

DE N6KB