Topband: Comment on Radar Engineers Model 240

Gruber, Mike W1MG mgruber at arrl.org
Thu Aug 14 09:38:23 EDT 2003

Tod,

  This is in response to your question about the Radar Engineers Model 240.  We currently have one in the ARRL Lab.  It's a great receiver and the one used by Mike Martin.  Mike teaches RFI investigation workshops.  Here is web site:

http://www.rfiservices.info/

  The fingerprint or noise signature technique is also taught by Mike at these Workshops.  As a graduate, I can recommend them.  We also carry a new book by Marv Loftness entitled AC Power Interference.  Marv is the inventor of many RFI Investigation tools and an early pioneer in the use of noise signatures.

  Hope this helps.

73,
Mike Gruber, W1MG
ARRL Lab