Topband: RE: Low Topband dipole

Larry Emery k1uo at prexar.com
Fri Aug 22 07:33:41 EDT 2003

To the person who was inquiring about putting up a 160 meter dipole at
around 70 feet I say go for it.  Tom,W8JI, is correct, try it and see
what YOU think.
It is true that one can never seem to have enough antennas to cover
all the possible strange scenarios with 160 meter propagation.

I think you will find you will work your friends and even some
DX..which you WON'T do without any antenna.

I , for one, am quite glad I had a 160 meter dipole up at 65ft this
past February since it was the ONLY antenna I could hear (and work!)
Chak ,JT1CO, on at
a nice 559 exactly at sunrise here in the Northeast.

Good luck,
Larry K1UO