Topband: TO4E Update

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Fri Dec 5 07:05:36 EST 2003

	The TO4E website has an update which explains the
problems the guys are having.  Bottom line is, this operation
is completely controlled by the French military and they
cannot change their operating times (now 0600Z to 0700Z and
1515Z to 1945Z) even though they are trying.  If you remember
ZL9CI, night-time operations were restricted for environmental
reasons (don't disturb the wildlife!).

	I am 100% positive that Dany F5CW will do everything
in his power to work as many as possible on the low bands.
Unfortunately for those of us in North America, it looks very
unlikely that we will have any chance unless they succeed
in negotiating with the military people in control.  Let's all just
wish them the best, be patient, and hope the situation improves.

				73,  Bill  W4ZV

http://europa2003.free.fr:/europa_infos-e.htm