Topband: BOG...

K9AY k9ay at k9ay.com
Mon Dec 8 19:13:50 EST 2003

> Charles Hutton wrote:

I don't feel the slight signal loss hurts me at all.
------------
>  the big disadvantage of an impedance mismatch would not
> be signal loss, but rather reflections at the mismatch, which will make
> the antenna work in both directions instead of only one.
>
> Ken N6KB

It's the former, not the latter...

Mismatch at the feedpoint will only result in signal loss.  Reflections due
to mismatch at the feedpoint end will be absorbed in the termination.

It is the termination that needs to be matched, to minimize reflections from
that end of the line and obtain the deepest nulls.

73, Gary
K9AY