Topband: Listening

Richard Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Mon Dec 8 19:20:06 EST 2003

> Ivo raises a good point. I found many stations would come back
> with one call and them seem to disappear. With more than a dozen
> Beverages to select, if a station is weak it may take a few tries
> to find the right one! Persistence pays off.
>
> 73/Jon AA1K

I ran into this problem as well.  In fact, I reduced the
number of beverages from 12 to 6 because of this problem.
My east beverage is totally deaf to the north to Oregon
and Washington.  It also helps, if I send "agn" for the
station to send his call 2 or 3 times.  I am planning to
try dual receive with the FT1000D next time with separate
beverages into each ear.

Rick N6RK