Topband: Mobile on 160

Bill Turner wrt at dslextreme.com
Wed Dec 10 07:06:57 EST 2003

Is anyone on this group active on 160 meter mobile?  I'm thinking about
trying it out and wondering what your experiences are.

Especially:

1.  What antenna you are using now or have tried before?
2.  Typical distance you can expect day/night?
3.  Your best DX from?
4.  Noise problems; ignition, alternator or other?
5.  Frequencies?

And any other comments.

I've operated most bands mobile from 80 through 3/4 meters, but never
160.  I think it would be fun to do some experimenting with various
antenna configurations.  160 would seem to be a good band to experiment
with since any improvement should be readily apparent.

--
Bill, W6WRT