Topband: Beverage on Ice

Herb Schoenbohm herbs at vitelcom.net
Mon Dec 22 13:50:44 EST 2003

Ron,

You are describing a classic military Beverage used in the Arctic during
the DEW line installations or Antarctica perhaps today.
Sure run it out on the ice an snow and add a 1/4 wave piece of wire
running the same direction after the terminating resistor.

Remember, however, if you wand it to work on 80 as well you will need to
have another 1/4 wave wire for that band, or any other fanning out
preferably.

73

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ