Topband: Stew Perry Rules ?

Greg Chartrand w7my at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 28 09:55:14 EST 2003

I find it ironic that spotting is not an accepted part
of the Stew Perry Contest. Some of us recall Stew
being the leader in state-of-the-art spotting in his
time; i.e. his newsletter that he composed, printed,
and distributed at his cost via postal mail for the
purpose of helping everyone find and work the elusive
160 DX.

I further remember getting a 1 AM call from him via
telephone to work a very strong european after I wrote
him a note that DX was almost impossible at my
location due to noise.

I think Stew would have welcomed, endorsed, and be a
top spotter on the web had he lived long enough to so
so. The 160 God's who make the contest rules probably
did not know Stew.

I know He's looking down at us through the ionisphere
wondering how a contest in his name doesn't endorse
and use the best communications tools available to
work DX on 160.

Back in the 60's we did the hard way because there
were no other options!

Greg - W7MY
x-WA9EYY