Topband: Topband DX Window

Jim Monahan K1PX at msn.com
Mon Dec 29 11:51:14 EST 2003

Topbanders:

>From my perspective, the 5 KHz slot is a positive operating aid for little pistols like myself
and, perhaps more importantly, a place where non-USA stations can call CQ without having
USA stations CQ'ing in their face.

I believe the elimination of it discourages participation because it is where I work most
of the DX I can during the tests. It would limit, potentially, DX to doing more S&P and
probably working mostly just the louder stations.

I realize there are many issues about the band plan and separation of wide and narrow modes
which are valid depending on your stations capabilities and operating preferences.

HNY to all.

73, Jim, K1PX

K1PX at msn.com<mailto:K1PX at msn.com>