Topband: To Balun or not to Balun that is the question.

Tom Rauch w8ji at contesting.com
Wed Dec 31 19:48:43 EST 2003

Thanks for all who sent me a message about the BN-86.

The BN-86's I have were sent to me to test as a production change. They
definitely are all stings of beads with RG303 coax, which is OK because
that's much better than a rod-type.

While I'm positive they made it into production, the manual on the website
says it is a current balun so that would rule out a core with three
windings. So either the manual is wrong, or the baluns are indeed the style
I tested.

It was my understanding they wanted to improve reliability.

73, Tom W8JI