Topband: Beverage Resistor Termination at RX end

Diana Zeal ProfileTechnology at compuserve.com
Sat Feb 1 10:50:14 EST 2003

Hi All

I have just started getting involved in Beverage antennas.

I have connected to a fence line which gives me access to some 300 - 400
foot of insulated strain wire.  Investigation shows that when connected via
a 1-9 balun the wire is performing but is at present is bi-directional.

I need to terminate the wire but CANNOT gain easy access to distant end.
The original  Beverage work in 1932 (I read) indicated that the resistor
can be connected at the receiver end via the secondary of the transformer.

K1VR had an article in 73 magazine but when I do not know.  I would like to
get a copy of this or any other info on how to make this connection of the
terminating resistor.

Any help much appreciated.

Best 73, Chris G4BGM