Topband: A request

Robert Brown bobnm7m at cnw.com
Sun Feb 2 07:12:37 EST 2003

Friends in Radio Land -*

In connection with my effort to reconstruct the 26 UK/EU contacts in
the 160 meter logs of ZL7C, I have received several suggestions that I
look into the log data available for the ZL7DK DXpedition in 1998.

I appreciate the thoughtfulness of the suggestions but it should be
known that I received that data from Joerg Puchstein right after the
DXpedition ended on March 8, 1998.  Indeed, I quickly finished an
analysis of the data and published an article, "ZL7DK DXpedition",
in the May/June 1998 issue of the DX Magazine.  I recommend it for
reading by those interested in the 160 meter long-path question.

The information gained from that analysis was the basis of my interest
in the ZL7C logs.  To date, 14 contacts have been established for 2002,
all short-path, to the west (EI, G, GM, GW and ON) in the hours before
dawn.  Whether any long-path contacts are in the 12 remaining contacts is
to be seen later, hopefully from further responses.

73,

Bob, NM7M