Topband: AH3D

Ken Claerbout K4ZW at Staffnet.com
Sun Feb 2 16:02:22 EST 2003

  I had a short chat with Bernie (W3UR) on 15 SSB this afternoon and he
asked me to pass along a few things.
   Tonight is their last night.  He will spend as much time as possible on
160 meters.  Anyone listening yesterday could tell they had a much easier
time receiving than in previous days.  The noise is not storm related but
something local on the island which they have not been able to pinpoint.
Hopefully it will stay quiet for the last day.  Bernie also commented that
he has never heard so many JA's on Topband.
   Just a personal observation but he sounded pretty tired.  They have been
very busy trying to accommodate all the various bands & modes which in turn
has left little time for sleep.  We're pretty fortunate to have a dedicated
Topband guy on the team!

73
Ken K4ZW