Topband: New Guy

Dennis roofus at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 4 14:49:51 EST 2003

Hello again to everyone,

Shortly after my first post to the group my computer went belly up and have not been able to join in the fun.
For all of you that asked about my shack I am running a KNWD TS-2000 and a ICOM 775DSP through a auto tuner into a 300 foot long wire up about 60 feet. The auto tuner limits me to 200 watts at this time but I do have a AL-1500 in the shack.
I am a fairly new ham radio with about 18 months under my belt, 56 yrs old and retired due to a broken neck a few years ago. I rent here and the landlord has been very nice in regards to antennas but drew the line at a tower.  Besides the long wire I have a GAP TITAN DX (10-80) vertical, and a HYBRID-QUAD mini beam (10-20) on the roof at about 40 feet.
Being new to ham I have my fingers in everything thing from contesting to passing traffic. I enjoyed the 160 meter CW contest and it tweaked my interest in the band. At this time I am looking for the best antenna I can create for 160 within my limitations of a lot that is about 150' wide and 300' long ending into the woods and keeping the landlord happy.
After having the computer down for so long I am sorting through the in box and looking forward to reading and responding to the many Emails I received.

Dennis AB8NI