Topband: Grid square locator source and Low band Chat

Ron Tremayne VK3IO vk3io@iinet.net.au
Sun, 12 Jan 2003 14:04:25 +1100

Hello Herb KV4FZ and other topbanders,

I found a great site provided by N9SSA, which will calculate your six =
figure grid square from your latitude and longitude.=20

It also calculate distance between two points, using the above =
information and distance per watt value, which is used for qrp contests.

You all probably know about it. I put it on my favorites list.

The site address is http://www.qsl.net/n9ssa/mpwcalc.html=20

It is a great tool for calculating distance fro the stew perry contest, =
although I gather they will do the points calculation based on log =
entry's (i.e those log's showing qrp status).

Now I am also wondering if the Stew Perry organisers did require a six =
digit grid locator for my qth in my log entry, but they should be able =
to calcuate it , if they can find 'Cockatoo' on the map !!!.

I have also had a play on the low band chat system and it look's like it =
is gaining great acceptance, with last count I think of 178 =
registrations and growing fast.

GL from Ron vk3io@iinet.net.au

multipart/alternative
  text/html