Topband: Is There A Post Sunrise Peak?

Iowaguy earlham@radiks.net
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 22:18:56 -0500

Here in Iowa, the famed "peak at sunrise" is not the normal
occurrence...maybe one day in seven do I see any appreciable enhancement due
to sunrise.  The usual enhancement amounts to only a couple of db or
so...but sometimes that's enough to get a QSO!  It is not unusual to see a
small peak and hour and a half or hour before sunrise.  I cannot explain
that, but have seen it many times.  The enhancement amount is the usual
couple of db (similar to sunrise).  An occasion where signals are sunrise
enhanced more (say 6 db) is a fairly rare occasion...maybe four or five
times a season...not sure this is worth 2 cents.

73 to all...Dave
W0FLS