Topband: Is There A Post Sunrise Peak?

Merv Stump mstump@hvc.rr.com
Sun, 19 Jan 2003 06:13:03 -0500

I wonder if what is perceived as a post sunrise peak might in some cases
be a sunset peak on the other end instead. I can't comment on 160 but
I've been curious about this phenomenon on 75/80 for sometime.  Robin,
VK6LK, is on 75 almost every day at his sunrise (roughly our east coast
sunset)working long path to north America.  In the early fall he always
peaks at his sunrise or a few minutes after.  However, this time of year
he often peaks later - as much as a half hour after his sunrise.  This
peak appears to coincide with my sunset.  I should also note that in the
fall my sunset is approximately 45 minutes after Robin's sunrise.  By
this time he is in too much daylight for my sunset to make any
difference.  However, this time of year my sunset is only 22 minutes
after Robin's sunrise - close enough.

Merv, W2OE