Topband: DX window

Ken Brown ken.d.brown at verizon.net
Thu Jan 23 18:20:10 EST 2003

Hi all,

Just because CQ magazine has removed the DX window from the contest
rules does not require that we fill that space up with incessant CQs and
200 mile QSOs. Let's try to keep the window clear for DX stations. I
request that DX stations (outside NA) who call CQ inside the window QSX
to outside the window. Let the NA stations QSO you by transmitting
elsewhere. NA stations please don't call CQ there at all, and please try
to transmit elsewhere when QSOing DX stations in the window. I'm not in
NA, yet I will still try not to transmit in the window. It is after all
a DX contest. Let's try to operate like gentlemen on the Gentlemans'
Band, so that we can all work some DX.

Ken N6KB