Topband: FT1000MK V's

Tom Rauch w8ji at contesting.com
Mon Jan 27 18:25:04 EST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: <SteamBoilers at aol.com>
To: <topband at contesting.com>
Sent: Monday, January 27, 2003 3:12 PM
Subject: Topband: (no subject)

> Bob G4VGO wrote
>
> European stations
> heard had clicks more than 300 Hz up and down from the carrier frequency
> (Yaesu must be the rig of choice),
>
> My Mk 5 has been on the shelf for months. I wont sell the problem on.
>
> Best regards
>
> Alan Downing
> G3ZES

Alan,

You are not alone. You might get together with Noah and others with this
problem.

This is Yaesu's problem, just like all the FT1000MP's are.

I bought a new FT1000MK V last week, used it less than an hour, and had
complaints.

I corrected it, but it is a lot of work in the FT1000MK V, but it can be
done. I'm trying to get something written up.

You can also improve the receiver about 10dB or so for IM3 problems with a
simple change.

73 Tom