Topband: Re: Weak Signal Reception (EME view)

R. Kline rikik at inter.net.il
Sat Jul 19 08:18:09 EDT 2003

Hi Bill,

Regarding the kit for reducing the FT-1000D tuning rate,
I bought it for $54.95 + shipping and handling in October 2000 from:
International Radio Service Division, Inc.
1118 Raymond Ave.
Fort Pierce, FL 34950

If you are interested, I suggest that you contact them first to verify availability and price.

There is one minor flaw in the design.  Sometimes there is hysterisis regarding the last digit (10 Hertz).  In other words, if you tune up the band say to 1831.16 and then begin tuning down, the frequency may go to 1831.17 before it begins to go lower.  This doesn't happen all of the time - I would estimate about 20% of the time. A similar effect happens when tuning in the opposite direction. I don't find this to be a real problem, and have gotten used to it.

73,
Riki, 4X4NJ