SV: Topband: New 4-square

Henrik Weiss ozling at mail.dk
Sun Jul 20 10:39:52 EDT 2003

Ron,
As you are considering a two band 4 square I want to draw your attention
to this:

If you prolong the mast lenght from 60 ft. To a 80m 3/8 wl. And combine
it with a top or linearloading to resonate 160m (better than the coil)
then you will be able to utilise your "relatively" short ground space
available in a better way from point of minimising ground losses on the
80 m section as increased (3/8) wl. Will heighten the current maximum.

All this ofcourse means your 160 m 4sq. Will have to be spaced 1/8 wl.
Which could be a draw back as it would need another matching phase angle
(135 degree) and it would probably be more sensistive to physical
variations due to closer coupling of the elements.

Albeit I am planning such a system myself.

Regards,

Henrik
OZ1ING