Topband: Detuning Xmit Antenna while RXing.

Ernie ks4q at zingleman.com
Sat Jul 26 22:37:05 EDT 2003

I'm running an FT-1000MP here and am experimenting with various receive
antennae.

Can anyone point me to a circuit that I can construct to drive a vacuum
relay to unground my Xmit antennas on Xmit....or ground my Xmit antennas on
Receive as it may be.

Very obviously, I'm trying to keep the Xmit antennas from interacting and
disturbing the patterns of my RX antennas.  I plan to do this for both 160
and 80 meters....separate vacuum relays with steering diodes.

Thanks, Ernie KS4Q