Topband: Multiple EWE's-ok to share grounds and supports?

Les Rayburn les at highnoonfilm.com
Tue Jun 3 12:30:31 EDT 2003

After spending the weekend putting up my second EWE (this one facing nearly
due
West from Central Alabama), I realized that I might have made a mistake in
the
physical construction.

Both EWE's are supported by 16 foot landscape timbers (4X4), but they share
one timber for their end support. They also share a common ground rod for
the
terminations.

Is this a problem? Will my pattern be affected? I did separate the two
antennas
at the top of the support (one is at about 12 foot height, and the other 14)
and
obviously they are at different "faces" on the 4X4...but still fairly close
together.

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF

Les Rayburn, director