Topband: 160 Meter Band Openings

Rura, Francis J. f.rura at radium.ncsc.mil
Wed Jun 25 09:26:31 EDT 2003

Following the lead of Wolf, DF2PY, I've been making a point of being more
active on Top Band during the summer months. I'm glad to report that the
past two nights have been especially productive, with very loud signals
into Maryland from South America and Europe. In fact, the signals I've
seen recently are far louder than what I typically see during our winter
openings.

The band also seems to be operating on a 28-day cycle, with one great
week of propagation each month. Last month, during EU Field Day,
Top Band signals from FD stations in EU were fantastic. Currently, we
seem to be at another peak.

As Wolf has said, all we need is more activity on the band. Propagation
is definitely there. Hope to see you on the band soon!

Frank // WB3AVN //