Topband: VP6DIA ON 80 AND 160 FOR EUROPE

Michael Tope W4EF at dellroy.com
Fri Mar 14 08:02:24 EST 2003

----- Original Message -----
>From: "john devoldere, ON4UN" <john.devoldere at pandora.be>

>I went to 1826.5, and fortunately I tuned around a little. Second later I
identified >VP6DAI calling CQ on 1825.9. He was just about Q5. One call and
he came right >back to me. Everything has been recorded. I did NOT spot him
because I did not >want the same to happed what happened on 80m. For the
next 10 minutes I heard >him calling CQ about 15 times. I heard him workiung
one station in that period: >XQ6ET. Then he started going down with me
(minutes from my sunrise) as he >wascalled by one or 2 G-stations. Then he
disappeared.

Hi John,

He also showed around 1115 UTC at 1846 KHz of all places.
The only reason I found out, was that I left the rig running at
1826.5 before I went upstairs to take a nap. Someone (I think
it was W6JTI) announced his new QRG on 1826.5 which woke
me up (I had the volume on the rig up pretty high). Too bad my
antenna isn't so good right now, he peaked with decent signals
here in California at around 1125 UTC. A number of West Coast
stations worked him. Guess I will catch them next time around.

Anyone know why he moved so far from the announced QRG?