Topband: Automatic Antenna Tuner for 160 Meters

Les Rayburn les at highnoonfilm.com
Mon Mar 24 08:32:13 EST 2003

I'm in the process of upgrading my station, and want to replace my
manual antenna tuner with an automatic tuner. Ideally, I'd love to
find something like the Ten-Tec 238, a beefy "L" network
tuner that could handle complex reactances.

I'm only running 100 watts, but as we know tuning on 160
is a real test of most tuners. Also I like the harmonic suppression
of an "L" network, vs. the standard "T".

Does anyone on the list have any recommendations?
Antenna is a 45 foot "T" vertical with a 70 foot three
wire flattop. Feed with RG-8 about 70 feet from the
shack.

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF

Les Rayburn, director