Topband: Key clicks

Brad Rehm brehm at ptitest.com
Mon May 12 11:18:00 EDT 2003

"I wonder how much of our reflector chatter about performance issues
like key clicks ever gets back to the product development teams in
places like Icom etc."
-- Eric K3NA

I don't know how well-connected the Kenwood and Icom guys in the
booths at Dayton are with their factories, but I think Chip Margelli
would be a good person to speak with in the Yaesu booth.  He's been
around at Yaesu for a long time and seems to know how to talk to his
cohorts in Japan.  At least one of their recent products is based on
ideas the Chip forwarded to the factory.

It'll be hard to pull him aside at the Hamvention for a quiet
conversation about esoteric stuff like key clicks, but there may be
opportunities.  He's been very approachable at smaller ham
events--Dallas Ham-Com, for example.  I've also found that he replies
to letters, answers emails, and returns phone calls.  It might be a
good idea to start with Chip.

Brad, KV5V