Topband: Slinky Beverage Vs. EWE

Maurizio Panicara i4jmy at iol.it
Wed May 28 23:40:17 EDT 2003

I got a private e-mail by Doug NX4D who pointed out the pattern of his
antenna, a rotable end fire array of two resistively terminated non resonant
loops.
It occurred to me that I found a similar concept described by G3FNZ, J.A
Lambert, in a book of Erwin Dawid G4LQI "HF antenna collection" edited by
RSGB, 1991. (pages 106-112 ) ISBN 1-872309-08-9
It was an array of "active" loops.
With such kind of loops (up to 8), either endifire or broadside, directivity
is good.
Best is for a broadside alignement, directivity is 15.9 with 8 elements.
The directivity of two loops endfire is instead calculated as 8.1.
The pattern is interesting but the inherent loss is huge, at least in my
opinion.

73,
Mauri I4JMY