Topband: ON4UN and the Ten-Tec Orion

Steve Ireland sire at iinet.net.au
Sat Oct 4 09:19:49 EDT 2003

At 07:00 PM 1/10/2003 -0000, you wrote:
ON4UN said:
>After I picked up my unit in the US early June, I drove to Tom, W8JI and we
>tested the dynamic range and sensitivity (MDS) in his well-equipped lab.
>What we found was within measurement error of what TT publishes, in other
>words: excellent!

G'day

It was good to read John ON4UN's piece, but with W8JI's immense experience
in testing most of the best 160m radios around, I am sure topband
reflectees would also be VERY interested in Tom's views on the performance
of the Orion and how it compared to the 'best' radios for lowband CW
working that he has measured in his laboratory.

The Orion would also make an great entrant in your receiver measurement web
page, Tom!

Vy 73

Steve, VK6VZ