Topband: 1952 khz beacon

Donald Chester k4kyv at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 16 23:58:14 EDT 2003

I have noticed the last few evenings that the radiolocation beacon on 1952+
kHz has been very weak throughout the evening, sometimes barely audible.
Usually it is the strongest signal on the band.  Band conditions, or maybe
it went away and I am hearing a fainter one underneath, or they have
drastically reduced power.  I  suspect the GPS system has pretty much done
in 2-mHz radiolocation.

Don K4KYV