Topband: Fw: conditions last night

stan seiffert stans at rockisland.com
Thu Oct 23 17:45:04 EDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: stan seiffert
To: topband at contesting.com
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2003 3:58 PM
Subject: conditions last night

Conditions last night were quite unusual although it happens sometimes when the A and K indexes suddenly increase.  At about 0530Z on Oct. 22, PZ5UE had a good signal here, but, the calling stations were almost all Europeans.  ON,OZ,OM,and DL were all  heard,  but, no east coast or Midwest U.S. stations.  I heard more Europeans in 20 minutes than I have in the last two years.  Unfortunately,  none of them was calling cq or seemed to be listening for anyone except PZ5UE.  I hope this is a sign for better times ahead.  Can  anyone explain the mechanism for this kind of propagation?

73 Stan W7AWA  Orcas Island, Washington