Topband: Assistance Needed

David Knepper cra at floodcity.net
Fri Oct 24 07:37:53 EDT 2003

My goal is to work DX on 160 meters, that is, having the capability to work
at least to the westcoast from Pennsylvania and Europe when the band is
open.  I am asking the lists opinion on on my three options:

1.  Full-Wave vertical loop - what should be the configuration?
2.  1/2 wave dipole
3.  Inverted L

If there is not a great deal of difference, I may just put up a dipole and
wait until next year when I get the 100 foot tower erected and use it as a
vertical on topband.

Incidentally, I am using high trees for supports.

Are there other wire antenna choices?

Short answer would be appreciated.
Thank you for your time and expertise.

Dave, W3ST