Topband: capacitance hat

LLOYD CURRY na4d at kih.net
Thu Sep 25 14:05:29 EDT 2003

I am about to finish an insulated tower vertical. I have a 10 foot section,
then an insulator, then 100 ft of 25g and a 10 ft mast out the top.  The
tower is insulated with Phillystran guy wire.  How much capacitance hat
will I need to resonate to about 1830 khz?  Should I put it at the top of
the mast or is where the mast exits the top section ok?  Finally, I am
considering placing my Cushcraft 6 el 6 mt. yagi (20 ft boom) on this
tower.  Will it provide enough capacitance?  Any comments will be
appreciated.  Lloyd Curry NA4D

LLOYD CURRY
na4d at kih.net
Why Wait?  Move to EarthLink.